MEET or Meeting for Education Employment and Training is a structured dialogue project funded by the Bureau International Jeunesse under the ERASMUS+ programme.
The idea of the project is to represent an opportunity for young people to be directly engaged in an online debate in which to outline their expectations, needs and fears about future or ongoing internships, exchanges or mobility activities with a special focus on the impact of such activities. The project involves several actors all involved in the field of youth, mobility, internship, youth employment.
Inercia Digital took part in this structure dialogue project in order to mutual communication between young people and decision-makers to help to implement the priorities of European youth policy cooperation. More information about the structure dialogue projects are available here)
We went to Brussels to participate on the Kick off meeting with our participants from 12th to 14th July and we met EU policy makers in the field of Education, Training and Employment and interacted with them with the aim to understand the policies undertaken and to promote recommendations in the field of traineeships, internships and vocational training experiences.
The topics of the discussion were:
• How to improve the awareness and understanding of EU non-formal learning opportunities;
• How to exploit EU tools and opportunities to be employed (Programmes, internships, EURES);
• Call for new solution to boost youth employment through internship with fair remuneration and quality training;
• Lunch and promote the European Label for Quality Internships.
Information about participants who participate in the Kick-off meeting:
– average age 23,3 years old;
– average age included group leaders and facilitators is 26 years old;
– 27 girls and 16 boys;
– 13 country represented: Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Estonia, United Kingdom, Greece, Portugal, Serbia, Albania, Slovakia and Sweden
Except nice opportunity from creators of the project MEET to meet the policy makers, we met new friends and enjoyed the beautiful city.
Thank you for an opportunity MEET!